The role of the Field Technician will be traveling to customers’ facilities within North America to install, service and troubleshoot Forel machinery (pneumatic, electronic, and hydraulic) and additionally help train on the use of our equipment. This is a critical role in our business as you will be the lifeline between Forel and our customers.
- Travel based on needs of the business - Full time travel availability
- Available to work weekends as needed
- Clean driving record
- Have a valid passport (or the ability to get one)
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50lbs.
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Strong technical aptitude to troubleshoot and solve issues
- Strong phone, written, and oral communication skills
- Self-Motivated and Dependable
- Be able and comfortable to work independently
- A fast, self-learner, dedicated to bettering him or herself
- Detail Orientated with strong communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of mechatronics, motion control, and PLC based processes
- Industrial or technological background
- Associates degree
Simple IRA, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Holidays, PTO
Additional Salary Information: Hourly + Overtime + Travel Time + Daily Per Diem + Benefits
About Forel North America
Forel S.p.A is a world leader in the production of glass machinery and technology, for the processing of flat and insulated glass. All of Forel’s machinery is designed, developed, and manufactured in Italy, offering customized solutions to fit the specific needs of glassworks companies around the globe. Forel North America, based out of Saint Paul, MN, is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Field Technician to help support the North American market with technical installations, service and repairs.